Transiting change for the HRM
The Halifax Transit Technology Roadmap identified all technology-enabled business initiatives required to support its key business drivers, to improve service quality and customer satisfaction. The technology roadmap recommended the sequence of 33 work-streams over a five-year period and estimated cost to develop and implement best practice business processes through sector-leading technology solutions.
Barrington led the Program Management Office (PMO) and project teams. PMO deliverables included:
- Establishing PMO processes, procedures, strategy frameworks, and governance for the program;
- On-going updates to the strategic roadmap;
- Coordinating procurement activities for major projects within the program;
- Transitioning business and technical functions from the projects to Halifax staff.
The PMO led delivery of the following projects/functions:
- CAD/AVL (Computer-Aided Dispatch / Automatic Vehicle Location)
- Stop Annunciation
- Passenger Counter
- Incident Management
- Business Intelligence
- Public Interfaces (real-time bus location data for mobile apps, Interactive Voice Response, departure boards)
- Head Sign Integration
- Driving Simulator
- Fare Strategy
- Paratransit / Demand Response
- Security Systems (on-bus CCTV / Video Surveillance)
- Fixed Route Planning, Scheduling and Operations
Halifax Transit has continued to improve its service quality and customer satisfaction, with the support of modernized systems and public interfaces, optimized business processes, and enhanced decision data.
- Halifax Transit
- Business transformation